Hyperco Product Line Engineer Job Opening
The Hyperco Product Line Engineer ensures that products engineered by MW Industries meet customer requirements and specifications and is actively engaged in ongoing product and manufacturing system development and optimization. Working with the Hyperco and other product lines, he/she develops and prepares product designs to meet customer specifications, timely and accurate quotations for current and proposed product designs, and interfaces with manufacturing and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops designs of hot/cold coiled suspension springs and complimentary products
- Evaluates custom product requirements and develops product designs to meet customer needs
- Participates in engineering reviews of standard catalog products to ensure product continuity and quality
- Has knowledge in materials, including alloyed spring steel, tempered and annealed materials, bar steels, and flat spring steel materials in various types and sizes
- Manages customer quotations, design reviews, product improvements, and technical contacts with customers
- Manages engineering test requirements and coordinates test activities with quality and manufacturing
- Develops, evaluates and enhances manufacturing methods while continually working to optimize processes
- Provides direction and input on customer visits as well as assisting with sales and technical presentations
- Participates in trade shows as necessary
- Participates in field testing and evaluation as necessary
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience in suspension and/or spring technology, preferably in the racing or high performance industry
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of, as well as a passion for, the motor sports and high performance industry
- Strong communication and presentation skills across multiple levels in the organization
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of metal working and manufacturing process
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite and CAD software
- Ability to make timely decisions and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Pontotoc, MS
Job Type: Engineering
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/3/2018
Hyperco, an MW Industries, Inc. company, is a manufacturer of precision engineered, high-performance suspension springs and related components supporting the motorsports, street performance and off-Road/powersports markets. Our stock and custom suspension products improve the total performance, aesthetics and durability of a variety of vehicles.
The racing suspension springs, now known as Hypercoils, have been a part of winning since the 1960s when they were pioneered for the motor racing industry. These spring designs and technology evolved into what is today known as the Hyperco brand. In 1996, Hyperco joined MW Industries Inc. to become one of the top spring, fastener, and metal component manufacturers in the United States.
Today, Hyperco products are engineered and manufactured at our sister locations of Matthew Warren Spring in Logansport, IN and Pontotoc Spring in Pontotoc, MS. Over the years, our high-performance suspension spring product line has grown and evolved. Hyperco is still proudly known as the racing spring company. Now, we use that same winning technology from motorsports, in our suspension spring designs for street performance, road cars, off-road and powersports applications. Learn more about our products and applications at www.hypercoils.com.
Empowering Innovation. Engineering Value.
MW Industries, Inc. (MWI) is comprised of 20+ locations and is headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. It is the largest and most diversified specialty spring and fastener manufacturer in the United States. Through decades of growth, innovation and dedication, MWI is a world-class supplier of highly engineered springs, specialty fasteners, machined parts and other precision components to more than 23,000 customers in over 35 countries.
We provide solutions to a wide range of markets including: Aerospace, Agriculture/Construction, Automotive, Consumer Products & Tools, Energy/Gas/Oil, Heavy Truck, Industrial, Medical, Military, Motorsports/Recreation, Spring Energized Seals, Transit, and Valves.
It has been our goal to deliver the highest quality, most technologically innovative, and durable products in the marketplace. MWI is committed to excellence in quality at each phase of the product life cycle — from design and engineering to manufacturing — and in every interaction with our customers. www.mw-ind.com.