Bump springs or bump stop springs are used in conjunction with a primary spring to allow a race car to have a relatively soft or compliant initial spring rate to get down to the desired optimum ride height and then pick up the rate of the bump spring to achieve a constant and optimum dynamic ride height.
Click the button below to shop parts available for online order.
Key Benefits of Bump Stop Springs or Bump Springs
- More usable deflection
- 2% rate linearity tolerance from 20% to 60% of deflection
- 4% rate linearity tolerance from 61% to 80% of deflection
- Designed to fit standard hardware
- Maintain free length and rate throughout a near-infinite operational life
- Free length range: 2” to 2.4”
- Spring rates: 400#/in to 5000#/in
- Material: High tensile chrome silicone
- Finish: Double shot-peened; no powder coat
- Motorsports: Circle Track Racing